Wednesday, February 01, 2006

nascar. the 8 seater series.

you know what's superflous, and hilarious? Sport Edition (SE) minivans. i can sort under stand why they came about; fathers and mothers that want their form of family transportation to be a little more "hip", sleek-looking, and more like the car they had to abandon when the kids happened. but, the bottom line is that it is a minivan, meant for carrying a number of people and in a lot of cases, children. your children. your family. it's NOT a sports car regardless what level of edition it is. what's even funnier are people that actually treat these minivans like sports cars weaving in and out of traffic like they are driving in the indy 500.

today i was out, and in my rearview mirror i saw this minivan darting in and out of traffic. eventually, he was behind me, riding my bumper. I HATE TAILGATERS so i did what i usually do, slow waaaaay down. and as usual the person took the next opportunity to pass me, safe or not, and continued through traffic. at the next light, to my surprise, guess who was right beside me? see how pointless reckless driving is? anyway, i looked at him, and waved. the driver was an older man, balding with the comb-over, huge glasses, in a suit. i couldn't tell if there were kids in the backseats because of the sport edition tinting. he continued to roll down his window and started shouting at me. i didn't bother rolling down the window to get into it with him, though i really wanted to. i just smiled and gave him the thumbs up. our light turned green, he gave me the finger, and peeled out.

i'm thinking there should be a mental examination as well when someone goes to get their drivers license. it couldn't hurt.

oh, and spinners on minivans? don't get me started.

3 comments:

Kerri Keberly said...

minivan drivers are just crazy period. either they drive way too fast or way too slow. either way, though, they're crazy.

Anonymous said...

Ummm....I drive a mini van. Brandi and I take kids with us skating in parks all over. Also just put a new bumper kit and a chrome grille on it. My van has flex fuel so I can run on an ethanal mixture. So it's also enviromental but I like making my van unique from other soccer mom's. I would not however race or have spinning rims on anything. That's just poor taste! So don't hate me but I really do love my mini van!
Goulet!!!!

Anonymous said...

SE doesn't stand for Sport Edition. It stands for Special Edition because it usually comes with an package of options and different styling than the normal model.