Sunday, May 21, 2006

appreciate the small things

i ventured to the bank the other day to make a deposit. exciting, right? i put my card in ABM and all that jazz (nope. not going to reveal my PIN number if that's what you were hoping, though i'm sure some would have - stupid is as stupid does), got the envelop, put the check in, folded it up and finished the transaction. whenever i have had to make a deposit, i always remembered the disgusting after-taste that came from having to lick the envelop that sat in my mouth. it lasted the entire way home. but that whole experience is now extinct! self-sealing envelops people!!!! it such a small thing but such an amazing thing. it's so great to know that i'll never have to lick and envelop at the ABM AND never have to lick stamp because those are stickers now.

why this "technology" wasn't implemented earlier, i have no idea. but i am glad that it's in production now. having to indulge in the less-than-sensational taste of adhesive wasn't something i enjoyed, or anyone enjoyed for that matter. there was never a warning on envelops or anything about "over-use" but it couldn't have been good for you. i bet secretaries and bank tellers are psyched!

3 comments:

Bernhard said...

I agree Stu, those self-sealing envelopes make bank transactions a treat.

Anonymous said...

what really gets me about ABM's is their insistence that i tell them what language I want EVERY time I want to take money out of the machine, if I could just check a box somewhere hell even at the bank that make it know I only want english and not french spanish or any asian language. it ssuch a simple thing but it dries me nuts

Anonymous said...

with the old envelopes, i thought banks were stealing the money i deposited. i'd get letters saying the amount entered doesn't match my inadaquate deposits. with the new envelopes, now i'm positive i can't count.

coincidentally, that disgusting aftertaste is to deter you from robbing the atm

m@